Saturday 23 May 2009

World Turtle Day (Or, Myrtle's decline into alcoholism)

Apparently it's World Turtle Day, we actually only found out, or remembered about it today. So in place of actual prepared celebrations, we had a good meal, followed by raki - the cheapo awful stuff you can buy for 2 Euros in an unmarked plastic bottle! Most of the volunteers haven't had this before – and they all hated it. However, Myrtle really let herself go and really enjoyed the celebrations, but I think had perhaps a little too much.



Today has been the best day so far, had a gyros after kiosk, the wind has dropped, and we could finally have a swim in the sea! We start doing slideshows on Monday, and hopefully start monitoring work in a week or so, I'm hoping I can do some here before I leave for my project. The first Chania volunteer starts tomorrow, but we still won't be starting until there are a couple more.


1 comment:

  1. John you are such a bad parent! Stop giving Myrtle Raki! She would much prefer Ouzo I'm sure ;)

    I am LOVING the photos though, and Myrtle is clearly loving the camera! I am insanely jealous, but you knew that already.

    ReplyDelete