Friday 22 May 2009

Ooh, Sunburn!

Last year I managed to go the whole 5 weeks without getting sunburnt, this year, I haven't even managed 24 hours. The culprit is the kiosk. I wasn't really expecting to be building it for 4 hours in the middle of the day, and I forgot to wear a hat, which means burnt scalp – brilliant!


I've been here a couple of days now, and I'm starting to get back into it. I have just done the first kiosk shift, which went well, we were “donated” a total of 68 Euros, not bad for the first kiosk shift of the year. There are only 9 of us at Rethymno so far, and only 2 English, the other, typically, is from Hull – can't get away from the place!

I have a meeting with the Crete co-ordinator later today to discuss what we are doing with Chania, I believe I'll be going over to start the project there on the 30th of May, but nothing has been decided yet. In the meantime, I'm pretty happy being at Reth!

No comments:

Post a Comment